Deep Jungle Zip XL
Deep Jungle Zip XL
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
See this great new Deep Jungle review in Men's Journal: "The Hammock You Can Take Anywhere"
Designed for anyone up to 300 lbs / 136kg and 7 ft / 213cm
Side entrance zipper closure with with heavy duty #8 YKK zipper and two double sliders
The Deep Jungle XL has our asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line patents to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time.
Designed for the buggiest jungles on the planet like Borneo, the Amazon or the Congo, the Deep Jungle is our first 3 season 100% mosquito-proof double bottom hammock. Made with two layers of tightly woven 30d high tenacity nylon reinforced with white spectra / dyneema rip stop. This is the same fabric used on the Hyperlite. Designed to be used with the Radiant Double Bubble Pad which attaches to "o" rings between the two fabric layers to hold the pad on the correct diagonal. Remember that even jungles can get chilly at 4:30 in the morning and surprisingly cold at altitude.
IIf you are looking for a true 4 season insulation system, we suggest our SuperShelter 4 Season System with a single bottomed hammock or our new 4Season Insulated Hammocks as a better choice.
Tom knew that the people of Central America sleep diagonally in their hammocks. So, with that knowledge, he changed the shape of his hammock into his patented asymmetrical design which lets you lie level on the diagonal with excellent support under your lower back and knees.
Because tree spacing is always different, the curve of a hammock is always different. The patented structural ridge line ensures the same shape every time you set up your hammock. This is the first time in history that you have the exact same comfortable bed every night and a perfect setup every time
Asymmetrical hammock shape (US Patent US6865757B2); Structural ridge line patent (US patent US20090165205A1) Also patented in the UK, EU, AUS/NZ, and Canada.
Swap out the standard rainfly for the larger, heavier, polyester Asym Hex Rainfly, using the green Customize button.
- Height Limit: 7' tall / 213 cm
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs / 136 kg
- Packed Weight: 3 lbs 2 oz / 1400 g not including free 4 oz / 112 g webbing straps
- Packed Size: 5" x 8" x 12" / 13 cm x 20 cm x 30 cm
- Hammock Fabric: Two layers of 30d Nylon66 with spectra reinforced ripstop
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 132" x 59" / 335 cm x 150 cm
- Mesh: 20d Polyester No-See-Um netting
- Zipper: Heavy duty black double slider #8 YKK zipper
- Suspending Ropes: Two 10 ft / 305 cm long, 1800 lb / 818 kg test spectra ropes with polyester cover
- Webbing Straps: 2" / 5 cm wide x 42"/ 107 cm long polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 11.3 oz / 318 g
- Rainfly Fabric: 30d High Tenacity PU / Silicone coated Silnylon 66 ripstop
- Rainfly Dimensions: A parallelogram short side 72"/ 183 cm, Long side 110" / 280 cm, Short diagonal 118" / 300 cm, Long diagonal 136" / 345 cm
- Color: Hammock: Coffee with ripstop pattern, Fly: Bark (Greyish, Brownish Green), Black trim
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 20 g / 0.7oz
Build Your Own
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world, longer straps are need. Our stock webbing strap is 42" / 107 cm long which is fine for trees up to 14" / 36 cm in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 72" / 183 cm straps for trees up to 24" / 60 cm in diameter or 96" / 244 cm webbing straps for trees up to 36" / 91 cm in diameter.
BIGGER RAINFLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" / 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
- This store ships to the USA and most of the world, except as noted below.
- For EU orders please go to our EU store.
- For Canadian orders please go to our Canada store.
- For UK orders please go to our UK store.
- For Australia and New Zealand orders please go to our Australia store.
- You can also select your store from the flags at the top of this page.