Remember: Free SnakeSkins are included with each hammock ordered through Hennessy Hammock's online store.
SnakeSkins: The instant stuff sack
SnakeSkins are an instant stuff sack system that collapses your Hennessy Hammock in about 30 seconds. Your shelter never touches the ground, never gets dirty or muddy. It just disappears into two tapering tubes of silnylon which sit gathered on the ropes at each end of the hammock for amazingly quick set up and take down. For use with all Hennessy Hammock models. The 70 D poly hex fly requires an additional pair of snakeskins because the hex fly is bulkier than the standard rainflies.
- Packed Weight: 2.3 oz / 60 g
- Packed Size: 6" x 6.5" x 0.6"
- Dimensions: 82" - 84" long, 210 cm
- Fabric: 30 D silnyon
- Package: Contains one pair of snakeskins
- Color: Coyote brown
How to use
There are a couple of ways to use the SnakeSkins.
In dry conditions, you can use them to pack up both the Hammock and rainfly into the SnakeSkins by threading the hammock ropes through the SnakeSkins from the big end. Clip the "o" ring on the fly onto the big hook of the Sliding fly tensioner
In wet conditions or when you expect rain or dew overnight, you can use the SnakeSkins to pack up just the rainfly by threading the guy lines at each end of the rainfly through the SnakeSkins from the big end.
Your hammock will always stay dry if you set up the rainfly first and then set up the hammock under the rainfly. When breaking camp, leave your rainfly up until your hammock is safely packed away. Then release the side tie outs of the fly and lay them into the folds of the fly as you roll it up and pull on the SnakeSkins. Lastly, coil up the SnakeSkins and attach them to the outside of your pack.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
- This store ships to the USA and most of the world, except as noted below.
- For EU orders please go to our EU store.
- For Canadian orders please go to our Canada store.
- For UK orders please go to our UK store.
- For Australia and New Zealand orders please go to our Australia store.
- You can also select your store from the flags at the top of this page.