Jungle Safari Zip
Designed for anyone up to 350 lbs (159 kg) and 7ft (213 cm).
Side entrance zipper closure with with heavy duty #10 YKK zipper and two double sliders.
The Jungle Safari Zip combines all the best features of the Deep Jungle XL and the Safari Deluxe Zip. This new design is deeper, wider and more comfortable for taller, larger people or even for cozy couples whose combined weight does not exceed 350 lbs (159 kg).
A double wide 70 D hex fly and double bottom layers of 40 D nylon makes this model 100% mosquito proof on the bottom and also accommodates the Radiant Reflector Pad XL for cooler temperatures. This is perfect for people who want the extra room length and coverage of the Safari but also want to be able to add insulation when needed. The Radiant DoubleBubble Insulation Pad XL is designed to work with this model and is available for purchase separately. Radiant Double Bubble Pad XL
.Extra SnakeSkins for Safari and Hex Fly: The Safari Models require one set of SnakeSkins for the Hex fly and one set for the hammock bottom if you intend to collapse both parts into SnakeSkins. Many people use the SnakeSkins just to collapse the wet rainfly and keep it on the outside of their pack.
- Colours: Forest Green
- Packed Size: 5" x 8" x 12" (13 cm x 20 cm x 30 cm)
- Packed Weight: 4 lbs 4 oz (1904 g)
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 144" x 59" (366 cm x 150 cm)
- Canopy Dimensions: 12' (366 cm) on ridgeline, 10' (305 cm) wide Hex shaped
- Weigh Limit: 350lbs (159 kg)
- Height Limit: 7' tall (213 cm)
- Suspending Rope: Two 10' (305 cm) long, 2700 lb. (1227 kg) test polyester covered polyester ropes
- Mesh Denier: 30D No-See-Um
- Rainfly Fabric: 70D Polyurethane coated Rip-stop polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 25 oz (700 g)
- Webbing Straps: 2" (5cm) wide x 42" (107 cm) long polyester
- Hammock Fabric: Double Layer of 40 D Nylon
- Zipper: Heavy duty black double slider YKK zipper
- Rainfly Dimensions: Size 143"(363 cm) on centerline x 120" (305 cm)wide hexagonal shape
- Set-up Time estimate: 3 minutes
- Seasons: 3-season
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 1 oz (~28 g)
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want instead of buying more than you need.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world, longer webbing straps are needed. Our stock webbing straps are 42" (107 cm) long which is fine for trees up to 14" (36 cm) in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 72" (183 cm) straps for trees up to 24" (60 cm) in diameter or 96" (224 cm) straps for trees up to 36" (91 cm) in diameter.
BIGGER RAINFLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection.
INSULATION DESIGNED FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" (107 cm) long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 1 888 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
Free shipping on orders over $50 within the USA.