Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
Classic bottom entrance with velcro closure
Designed for anyone up to 5'8" / 173 cm tall and 200 lbs. / 91 kg
This is our "Original" Hennessy Hammock model with upgraded features including our patented asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time.
The Scout comes with a larger asymmetrical rainfly. This is a great first hammock for young adventurers, Scouts and Guides. To help kids get a quality first hammock, we have kept this model at a special price of $99 for the last 15 years.
Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult when using the hammock.
Tom knew that the people of Central America sleep diagonally in their hammocks. So, with that knowledge, he changed the shape of his hammock into his patented asymmetrical design which lets you lie level on the diagonal with excellent support under your lower back and knees.
Because tree spacing is always different, the curve of a hammock is always different. The patented structural ridge line ensures the same shape every time you set up your hammock. This is the first time in history that you have the exact same comfortable bed every night and a perfect setup every time
Asymmetrical hammock shape (US Patent US6865757B2); Structural ridge line patent (US patent US20090165205A1) Also patented in the UK, EU, AUS/NZ, and Canada.
- Height Limit: 5'8" tall / 173 cm
- Weight Limit: 200 lbs / 91 kg
- Packed Weight: 2 lbs 6 oz / 1064 g not including free 2 oz/ 56 g webbing straps
- Packed Size: 4" x 8" x 10" / 10 cm x 20 cm x 25 cm)
- Hammock Fabric: 70d High Density nylon
- Mesh: 30d polyester No See Um netting
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 112" x 59" / 284 cm x 150 cm
- Suspending Ropes: Two x 10' / 305 cm long 1200 lb. / 545 kg test polyester ropes
- Webbing Straps: Low stretch 1.5" / 3.8 cm wide x 42" / 107 cm long polyester webbing straps called "tree huggers"
- Rainfly Weight: 10.5" oz / 290 g
- Rainfly Fabric: 70d polyurethane coated polyester ripstop
- Rainfly Dimensions: A parallelogram, short side 70" / 178 cm, long side 84" / 213 cm, short diagonal 80" / 203 cm, long diagonal 130" / 330 cm
- Color: Forest green with black trim
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 5/8 oz / 18 g
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" /107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 1 888 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
Free shipping on orders over $50 within the USA.