Designed for anyone up to 250 lbs / 114 kg and 6' /183 cm tall
Classic bottom entry automatically snaps closed under the weight of your body and seals with velcro
The Expedition Classic is our most popular Classic model including our patented asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time.
Built tough for years of service, this is an all-purpose hammock - great for backpacking, family camping, expeditions, kayaking, motorcycling, and any other purpose which requires comfort and durability at an affordable price.
Tom knew that the people of Central America sleep diagonally in their hammocks. So, with that knowledge, he changed the shape of his hammock into his patented asymmetrical design which lets you lie level on the diagonal with excellent support under your lower back and knees.
Because tree spacing is always different, the curve of a hammock is always different. The patented structural ridge line ensures the same shape every time you set up your hammock. This is the first time in history that you have the exact same comfortable bed every night and a perfect setup every time
Asymmetrical hammock shape (US Patent US6865757B2); Structural ridge line patent (US patent US20090165205A1) Also patented in the UK, EU, AUS/NZ, and Canada.
- Height Limit: 6' tall / 183 cm
- Weight Limit: 250 lbs / 114 kg
- Packed Weight: 2 lbs 12 oz / 1176 g not including free 3 oz / 84 g webbing straps
- Packed Size: 4" x 7" x 9" / 10 cm x 18 cm c 23 cm
- Hammock Fabric: 70d High Density nylon taffeta
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 118" x 59" / 300 cm x 150 cm
- Mesh: 30d polyester No-See-Um netting
- Suspending Ropes: 10' / 305 cm, 1500 lb / 680 kg test polyester rope
- Webbing Straps: 1.5" x 42" / 3.8 cm x 107 cm
- Rainfly Fabric: 70d polyurethane coated polyester ripstop
- Rainfly Dimensions: Parallelogram 63" x 99" / 160 cm x 250 cm Diagonal length above ridge line 132" / 335cm
- Color: Hunter green hammock with hunter green fly and black trim
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag .63 oz / 8 g
Build Your Own
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world, longer straps are needed.. Our stock webbing strap is 42" / 107 cm long which is fine for trees up to 14" / 36cm in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 72" / 183 cm straps for trees up to 24" / 60 cm in diameter or 96" / 244 cm straps for trees up to 32" / 81 cm in diameter.
BIGGER FLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection.
INSULATION DESIGNED FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
If you are looking for a true 4 season insulation system, we suggest our SuperShelter 4 Season System with a single bottomed hammock or our new 4Season insulated double bottom hammocks as a better choice.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" / 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
- This store ships to the USA and most of the world, except as noted below.
- For EU orders please go to our EU store.
- For Canadian orders please go to our Canada store.
- For UK orders please go to our UK store.
- For Australia and New Zealand orders please go to our Australia store.
- You can also select your store from the flags at the top of this page.