Explorer Deluxe Zip
Side zipper closure and a strong #10 YKK zipper and two double sliders.
The Explorer Deluxe ZIP is a foot longer than the Expedition ZIP and was designed for anyone up to 300 lbs. (136 kg) and 7' (213 cm) tall. It has our patented asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time.
It also has the same high performance materials, proportions and protection as the smaller Expedition ZIP. If you are really close to 6 feet (183 cm) tall and you want the luxury of extra space, this would be a good choice.
Swap out the standard rainfly for the larger, heavier, polyester Asym Hex Rainfly, for the difference in cost using the green Customize button.
Swap out the standard rainfly for the larger, heavier, polyester Asym Hex Rainfly using the green Customize button.
- Height Limit: 7' tall (213 cm)
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs (136 kg)
- Packed Weight: 3 lb 9 oz (1596 g)
- Packed Size: 5" x 8" x 12" (13 cm x 20 cm x 30 cm)
- Hammock Fabric: 140 D oxford nylon
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 130" x 59" (330 cm x 150 cm)
- Zipper: Heavy duty black double slider YKK zipper
- Mesh: 30D No-See-Um netting
- Suspending Ropes: 10' (305 g) long 2100 lb. (954 kg) test low-stretch polyester core ropes with polyester cover
- Webbing Straps: 2" (4.5 cm) wide x 42" (107 cm) long nylon webbing straps called "tree huggers"
- Rainfly Weight: 14.4 oz (403g)
- Rainfly Fabric: 70D Polyeurethane coated Rip-stop polyester
- Rainfly Dimensions: A parallelogram short side 70" (178 cm), long side 110" (280 g) , short diagonal 128" (325 g) , long diagonal 140" (355 g)
- Color: Bark (Greyish, Brownish Green)
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 0.7 oz (20 g)
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is little or no price increase to get exactly what you want.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world longer straps are needed. Our stock webbing strap is 42" (107 g) long which is fine for trees up to 14" (36 g) in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 72" (183 g) straps for trees up to 24" (60 g) in diameter or 96" (244 g) webbing straps for trees up to 36" (91 g) in diameter.
BIGGER RAINFLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection at little or no extra cost.
INSULATION DESIGNED FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" (107 g) long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 1 888 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
Free shipping on orders over $50 within the USA.