Explorer Ultralite Zip
New side entrance zipper closure with a strong #5 YKK zipper and two double sliders.
The Explorer Ultralite Zip was designed for anyone up to 250 lbs. (114 kg) and 7' (213 cm) tall and has our patented asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time.
It also has the same high performance materials, proportions and protection as the smaller Ultralite Backpacker A-sym. If you are really close to 6 feet (183 cm)tall and you want the luxury of extra space, this would be a good choice.
Swap out the standard rainfly for the larger, heavier, polyester Asym Hex Rainfly, at no additional cost using the green Customize button.
- Height Limit: 7' tall (213 cm)
- Weight Limit: 250 lbs (114 kg)
- Packed Weight: 2 lbs 4 oz (1008 g)
- Packed Size: 4" x 8" x 10" (10 cm x 20 cm x 25 cm)
- Hammock Fabric: 70D nylon taffeta, 160 x 90 high count
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 132" x 59" (335 cm x 150 cm)
- Zipper: Heavy duty black double slider YKK zipper
- Mesh: 20D polyester No-See-Um netting
- Suspending Ropes: Two10’ (183 cm) long 1500 lb. (681 kg) test spectra ropes.
- Webbing Straps: 1.5" (3.8 cm) wide by 42" (107 cm) long polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 11.7 oz (328 g)
- Rainfly Fabric: 30D High tenacity PU / Silicone coated nylon ripstop66
- Rainfly Dimensions: A parallelogram short side 72" (183 cm), long side 110" (280 g), short diagonal 118" (300 g), long diagonal 136" (345 g)
- Color: Bark (Greyish, Brownish Green)
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 0.6 oz (18 g)
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want instead of buying more than you need.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world, longer webbing straps are needed. Our stock webbing straps are 42" (107 cm) long which is fine for trees up to 14" (36 cm) in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 72" (183 g) straps for trees up to 24 (60 cm) inches in diameter or 96" (244 cm) webbing straps for trees up to 36" (91 g) in diameter.
BIGGEST RAINFLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection.
INSULATED DESIGNED FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" (107 g) long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 1 888 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
Free shipping on orders over $50 within the USA.