Designed for anyone up to 200 lbs / 91 kg and 6' / 183 cm tall
Side entry with heavy duty #3 YKK double-slider black zipper
The Hyperlite Zip has our patented asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time. Perfect for thru-hikers or anyone who wants to reduce the size and weight of their pack.
At 28 oz / 784 g, the Hyperlite is our lightest and most compact model with a 20D silnylon fly, a 30D spectra reinforced bottom fabric and 1450 lb /659 kg test spectra ropes about the diameter of a bootlace. This thing is a real beauty and easy to fall in love with.
Tom knew that the people of Central America sleep diagonally in their hammocks. So, with that knowledge, he changed the shape of his hammock into his patented asymmetrical design which lets you lie level on the diagonal with excellent support under your lower back and knees.
Because tree spacing is always different, the curve of a hammock is always different. The patented structural ridge line ensures the same shape every time you set up your hammock. This is the first time in history that you have the exact same comfortable bed every night and a perfect setup every time
Asymmetrical hammock shape (US Patent US6865757B2); Structural ridge line patent (US patent US20090165205A1) Also patented in the UK, EU, AUS/NZ, and Canada.
- Height Limit: 6' tall /183 cm
- Weight Limit: 200 lbs / 91 kg
- Packed Weight: 1 lbs. 12 oz. / 784 g not including free 2 oz / 56 g webbing straps
- Packed Size: 4" x 8" x 5" / 10 cm x 20 cm x 13 cm
- Hammock Fabric: 30d high tenacity, high thread count nylon with spectra ripstop
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 120" x 59" / 305 g x 150 g
- Mesh: 20d polyester No-See-Um netting
- Zipper: Heavy duty black double slider #3 YKK zipper
- Suspending Ropes: 1200 lb / 544 kg test spectra reinforced ropes with tightly braided polyester covering
- Webbing Straps: 1" / 2.5 cm wide x 42" / 107 cm black polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 8 oz / 224 g
- Rainfly fabric: 20d PU/Silicone Coated Silnylon Ripstop
- Rainfly Dimensions: Parallelogram 63" X 99" / 160 cm x 250 cm, Diagonal length above ridge line 132" / 335cm
- Color: Hammock : Gray with ripstop pattern Fly : Bark (Greyish, Brownish Green)
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop nylon bag 5/8 oz / 18 g
Build Your Own
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want instead of buying more than you need.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world longer webbing straps are needed. Our stock webbing straps are 42" / 107 cm long which is fine for trees up to 14" / 36 cm in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 72" / 183 cm straps for trees up to 24" / 60 cm in diameter or free 96" straps for trees up to 36" / 91 cm in diameter.
BIGGER RAINFLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection at no extra cost.
INSULATION DESIGNED FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" / 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
- This store ships to the USA and most of the world, except as noted below.
- For EU orders please go to our EU store.
- For Canadian orders please go to our Canada store.
- For UK orders please go to our UK store.
- For Australia and New Zealand orders please go to our Australia store.
- You can also select your store from the flags at the top of this page.