Safari Deluxe Zip XXL
Safari Deluxe Zip XXL
Side entrance zipper closure with with heavy duty #10 YKK zipper and two double sliders
Designed for anyone up to 350 lbs / 159kg and 84" / 213 cm
The Safari Deluxe was developed for people who like really big hammocks. This is our deepest, widest and most comfortable hammock for larger people or even for cozy couples whose combined weight does not exceed 350 lbs (159 kg).
It has our patented asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time.
This model includes a a double wide hex shaped fly making it Ideal for hunting, car camping, boat camping, out at the cottage or in the back yard.
Extra SnakeSkins for Safari and Hex Fly: The Safari Models require one set of SnakeSkins for the Hex fly and one set for the hammock bottom if you intend to collapse both parts into SnakeSkins. Many people use the SnakeSkins just to collapse the wet rainfly and keep it on the outside of their pack.
Tom knew that the people of Central America sleep diagonally in their hammocks. So, with that knowledge, he changed the shape of his hammock into his patented asymmetrical design which lets you lie level on the diagonal with excellent support under your lower back and knees.
Because tree spacing is always different, the curve of a hammock is always different. The patented structural ridge line ensures the same shape every time you set up your hammock. This is the first time in history that you have the exact same comfortable bed every night and a perfect setup every time
Asymmetrical hammock shape (US Patent US6865757B2); Structural ridge line patent (US patent US20090165205A1) Also patented in the UK, EU, AUS/NZ, and Canada.
- Height Limit: 7' tall (213 cm)
- Weight Limit: 350 lbs / 159 kg
- Packed Weight: 4 lbs 4 oz / 1904 g not including 4 oz / 112 g free webbing straps
- Packed Size: 5" x 8" x 12" / 13 cm x 20 cm x 30 cm
- Hammock Fabric: 210d oxford nylon
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 144" x 59" / 366 cm x 147 cm
- Mesh: 30d No-See-Um netting
- Zipper: Heavy duty black double slider YKK zipper
- Suspending Ropes: Two 10' / 305 cm long, 2100 lb /954 kg test polyester covered polyester ropes.
- Webbing Straps: 2" / 5 cm wide x 42" / 107 cm long polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 25 oz / 700 g
- Rainfly Fabric: 70d Polyeurethane coated Rip-stop polyester
- Rainfly Dimensions: Size 143" / 363 cm)on center line x 120" / 305 cm wide hexagonal shape
- Color: Forest green with black trim
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 1 oz / 28 g
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want instead of buying more than you need.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world longer webbing straps are needed. Our stock webbing strap is 42" / 107 g long which is fine for trees up to 14" / 36 in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to 72" 183 cm webbing straps which are fine for trees up to 24" / 60 cm in diameter or 96" / 244 cm webbing straps which are fine for trees up to 24" / 60 cm in diameter.
INSULATION SUITABLE FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" / 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 1 888 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
Free shipping on orders over $50 within the USA.