4Season Survivorman Zip XL
4Season Survivorman Zip XL
Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
Les has specified a lightweight survival equipment be included, so the hammock comes with important essentials including a survival kit bag that conveniently attaches on the ridgeline in the corner of the hammock behind your head. We also include a Survivorman bandana with extensive survival tips from Les.
The bandana is a great read for anyone considering a solo trip into challenging terrain. In a pinch, the bright orange color could be used as a signal flag and at 39", 1 m square it can also be used as sun protection or a sling.
This rugged hammock utilizes our latest 4Season design to keep the chill off your back in cold conditions and keeps you comfortable in all environments. An oversize highly compressible open cell foam pad is included, and the double bottom allows for extra improvised insulation such as clothing, dry grass, leaves, etc. The survival kit also includes a space blanket for extra reflected warmth.
The interior of the hammock is emergency orange. The hammock can be turned inside out and used to signal search and rescue efforts.
The Survivorman is packed in a compression sack with detailed instructions. The compression sack will hold all the components of the hammock in a compact and easily stowable package.
It also comes standard with the 70D Hex Fly, our largest rain fly for protection from bad weather and enough space to set up your camp in comfort.
Tom knew that the people of Central America sleep diagonally in their hammocks. So, with that knowledge, he changed the shape of his hammock into his patented asymmetrical design which lets you lie level on the diagonal with excellent support under your lower back and knees.
Because tree spacing is always different, the curve of a hammock is always different. The patented structural ridge line ensures the same shape every time you set up your hammock. This is the first time in history that you have the exact same comfortable bed every night and a perfect setup every time
Asymmetrical hammock shape (US Patent US6865757B2); Structural ridge line patent (US patent US20090165205A1) Also patented in the UK, EU, AUS/NZ, and Canada.
- Height Limit: 7 ft / 213 cm
Weight Limit: 350 lbs / 159 kg
- Packed Weight: 5lbs 9oz./ 2548g not including 4 oz/112 g free webbing straps
- Packed Size: 16'' x 8'' x 8'' / 42 cm x 22 cm x 22 cm
- Hammock Fabric: 1 layer of 70d nylon taffeta and 1 layer of 40d nylon taffeta
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 130" x 59" / 330 cm x 150 cm
- Mesh: 30d polyester No-See-Um netting
- Zipper: Heavy duty black #8 YKK double slider
- Suspending Ropes: Two 10' / 305 cm long, 2100 lb /954 kg test polyester covered polyester ropes
- Foam Pad Weight & Size: 36" / 91 cm wide, 10 oz / 285 g
- Webbing Straps: 2" / 5 cm x 42" / 107 cm black polyester
Rainfly Weight: 27 oz / 756 g
- Rainfly Fabric: 70d polyurethane coated polyester ripstop
Rainfly Dimensions: Size 143" (363 cm) on centerline x 120" (305 cm) wide symmetrical hexagonal shape
- Color: Bark and Burnt Orange (hammock) / Grey and Burnt Orange (rain fly)
Stuff Sack: Black Compression Sack with orange detailing, complete set up instructions printed on ripstop
Survival Kit Weight and Size: 17cm x 16 cm x 6 cm / 7'' x 6'' x 3'', 14oz / 386 g.
WHAT'S INCLUDED: The 4Season Survivorman Zip XL comes complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable Hex rain fly, support ropes, and compression sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" / 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the rope and the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
The 4Season Survivorman Zip XL also includes an oversized 36" / 91cm wide open-cell foam pad and a 'survival kit' with a variety of essential items.
Survival Kit contents: International orange "Survivorman" bandana with Les Stroud survival tips, space blanket, fluorescent cord, compass, candle, mini LED light, whistle and lanyard, fire striker and starter fuel, razor blade with needle and thread, zippered pouch with Survivorman logo
Tom Hennessy's recommended "no-knot" lashing technique. It's much easier than using a knot, it's quick, it never jams, and it protects the rope.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
- This store ships to the USA and most of the world, except as noted below.
- For EU orders please go to our EU store.
- For Canadian orders please go to our Canada store.
- For UK orders please go to our UK store.
- For Australia and New Zealand orders please go to our Australia store.
- You can also select your store from the flags at the top of this page.